Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Looking for Truth


                I have been studying the scriptures and praying intensely about what God wants for my life. I have pondered over the prophecies and the promises that the Lord has made to us in these 'last days' and I have felt a greater desire to figure out just how I am suppose to be a part of all of that.   
       
               Would I have had a soft enough heart to accept Christ even though he was scorned by the religious leaders of the day?  Would I have accepted Joseph Smith's outrageous claims about the First Vision back in his day?  Would I have been willing to step outside my comfort zone to seek after Truth? 
               I  have asked the question many times…"Why does this loved one get a different answer than I do?"  I was given the following:  They BELIEVE it with all their heart because that is tradition and what they have been taught.  The TRUTH is that they believe it.  So, the Holy Ghost ratifies that as truth, that they BELIEVE it.  As long as they don't even consider another possibility, then that is their answer. The Holy Ghost testifies that it is true that they believe it, but it is not necessarily true that what they believe is actually true.  Sounds weird, but that is what I was "told" and I didn't get that idea from anything I've read or heard. It came straight as inspiration. This can even spill over into dreams and visions.  They may look like what we believe is true. I am sure that has  happened to me as I have been on this journey.

                Soooo…I must look seriously at that scenario and consider other possibilities. Is what I believe the Truth or is it just true that I believe it?    I have been given answers that I don't want to believe, because they are opposite of what I've been taught most of my life.  I would much rather feel safe in believing the traditions. It is a challenge to constantly be asking for ratification from the Holy Ghost about all that I read and hear and being willing to look for Truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment